GUELPH, ON—NOVEMBER 2, 2021—LifeLearn Animal Health adds all-new tools and resources to the advanced veterinary medical search tool Sofie to save veterinary teams time, increase clinic efficiency, and improve compliance.
“From our beginnings as a company,” says Mark Stephenson, DVM and Chief Veterinary Officer of LifeLearn, “our commitment has been to provide veterinary teams with the best solutions that pair efficiency and education so every team member can be at their best for every patient. Our new additions to Sofie are further reflection of this ongoing commitment, and we’re thrilled to be presenting them to the veterinary community.”
Sofie’s new additions include:
- New clinical information for exotics—Blackwell’s Five-Minute Veterinary Consult: Small Mammal; Blackwell’s Five-Minute Veterinary Consult: Avian; and Mader’s Reptile and Amphibian Medicine and Surgery.
- *One-click access to 2,100+ ClientEd pet health education articles to save time, support efficient client education, and improve compliance. (*ClientEd subscription required.)
- New search filters—“Dogs and Cats,” “Drug Formulary,” and “Exotics”—for faster, easier navigation to specific information within Sofie.
- “Favorites” section and personalized article notes to bookmark frequently accessed Sofie articles for time-savings and improved efficiency.
- New print and email functionality enabling users to share specific Sofie articles with colleagues and team members.
- Updated recognition of veterinary medical synonyms and acronyms for more accurate and relevant results, and better user experience.
- New and updated content—including VMX (NAVC) 2020 conference proceedings and the updated version of the Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Manual—to ensure veterinarians have the most accurate and relevant information at their fingertips.
“These additions are not add-ons for Sofie subscribers,” stresses Dr. Stephenson, “and there’s nothing subscribers need to do to enjoy these new tools and resources. All new Sofie features will automatically flow through.”
Optimized for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices for access virtually anywhere, Sofie is the only veterinary medical search tool that provides instant online access to the most trusted and credible clinical information at the point of need. Using IBM Watson, Sofie searches over 40,000 pages from the top veterinary textbooks, journals, and conference proceedings.
Veterinarians can ask Sofie for drug formulary information, differential diagnosis, diagnostic algorithms, emergency treatment, surgical techniques, and more.
Designed to respond to natural-language questions, Sofie delivers results based on context, not just keywords. “To find what you need,” adds Dr. Stephenson, “you just ask Sofie.” With over $5,000 worth of veterinary medical content and ongoing updates, veterinary teams can know they always have the latest in-demand information at their fingertips.
About LifeLearn Animal Health
LifeLearn provides flexible, affordable, and customizable online software solutions for veterinary practices to save time, improve practice efficiency, and strengthen client relationships. Every customizable solution comes with a no-fuss setup. LifeLearn does all the work for you.
LifeLearn’s solutions include Communication (WebDVM, ALLYDVM), Education (Sofie, ClientEd), Telemedicine (Petriage, PetNurse), and Industry Solutions (custom digital education and communications products and services).
LifeLearn’s award-winning competencies in digital media, combined with longstanding veterinary content expertise and customer support, are just part of why LifeLearn continues to be a leading and trusted name in the animal health industry.