Stop putting in your time. Start enjoying it.
At LifeLearn, we’re a progressive and creative team of people who care deeply about what we’re doing to help advance animal health and education worldwide. We believe that great ideas can come from anyone, and encourage every team member to contribute, address problems, make decisions, and grow in an environment of mutual respect and personal empowerment. If you are looking to join a team that thrives on collaboration, is passionate about what we do, and always strives for excellence, we want to hear from you.
If you are interested in applying for any of our open positions, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our company, however we will only contact those individuals that meet our job requirements.
Meetings and Event Project Manager
The Meeting and Events Project Manager, under the direction of the Meetings & Events Manager, will primarily be responsible to lead project management strategies and actions to ensure effective milestone planning and timely completion of deliverables. This position will participate in contract negotiations and maintain ongoing relationships with a variety of vendors. This role will also strive to advance your knowledge, skills, and abilities and consistently share these with others.
- Independently manages and implements successful custom meeting/events and speaker bureaus for multiple clients
- Oversee project management to ensure effective milestone planning and timely completion of deliverables
- Reconcile expense statements and project budgets
- Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations for attendants and presenters
- Prepare, review, and print various forms of correspondence such as invoices, presentations, publications, expenses and reports
Participate in contract negotiations and maintain ongoing relationships with a variety of vendors
- College diploma or University degree in related field
- Three years of related experience in veterinary or medical events
- Strong working knowledge of project management principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of customers and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Experience with project management software systems
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
About LifeLearn Animal Health
LifeLearn Animal Health provides education and communications products and services to the veterinary profession and animal health organizations. LifeLearn’s award-winning competencies in digital media, combined with longstanding veterinary content expertise, have delivered sophisticated offerings to veterinarians to optimize their practices, including: WebDVM, custom veterinary websites; ClientEd; client education resource; and Sofie, the advanced veterinary medical search tool. LifeLearn has been named one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by Growth 500 from 2015 to 2019.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their time, however we will only be contacting those individuals that we wish to interview.
LifeLearn is committed to providing an accessible workplace, in support of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005) (“AODA”), the Human Rights Code (RSO 1990) (“HRC”) and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation 191/11 (“IASR”). Should an applicant require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process or during subsequent employment, the individual is invited to communicate and discuss their requirements with LifeLearn’s Human Resources representative. LifeLearn will provide, or arrange to have provided, reasonable accommodation specific to the applicant’s or employee’s accessibility needs.
Note to Third-Party Recruiters
If you are a third-party recruiter, please do not contact us. While we understand and appreciate the valuable service that third-party recruiters provide to individuals seeking employment, LifeLearn has its own hiring processes when positions with LifeLearn become available.