Description: LifeLearn requires a Human Resources Manager to perform a range of duties supporting divisional Managers/Directors and the senior leadership team. Reporting to the Vice President, Finance and Administration, this role performs a wide range of duties including but not limited to: full-cycle recruiting, payroll and benefits administration, policy development, occupational health & safety, and providing advice and counsel to managers and employees on employee relations matters.
- Manage full-cycle recruitment including developing job descriptions and postings, screening and shortlisting candidates, driving interview processes, counseling managers on selection, and completing offers.
- Partner with managers in employee onboarding and orientation of new employees, as well as offboarding.
- Communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and regulations to internal stakeholders.
- Administer payroll and vacation for all employees through ADP.
- Manage salary structure, position documentation, and related evaluation system.
- Act as representative for unemployment claims.
- Administer, and assist employees in accessing and understanding the company benefits program.
- Administer employee recognition and incentive programs.
- Work with employees and managers to resolve workplace issues, such as employee complaints.
- Chair Joint Health & Safety Committee.
- Recommend, develop and maintain human resource data bases and computer software systems.
- Develop and provide recommendations for HR policies and processes.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business or related field required; CHRP designation preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in HR required.
- Broad HR work experience including recruitment, payroll, and Ontario labour law.
- Ability to approach employee relationships in a sensitive, tactful, diplomatic, and confidential manner.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, and key external stakeholders.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and ADP.
- Pragmatism, approachability, and good judgement.
- Experience in the animal health industry is an asset.
- Prior experience developing and implementing a simple and effective companywide performance review program is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send your resume by e-mail in MS Word or PDF Format to [email protected]
- Please put the position title in the subject line of your email.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying. Please be aware that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for this position.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
If you are a third-party recruiter, please do not contact us. While we understand and appreciate the valuable service that third-party recruiters provide to individuals seeking employment, LifeLearn has its own hiring processes when positions with LifeLearn become available.