Sofie is the most advanced veterinary medical search tool available. Sofie uses IBM Watson Technology® to search its vast knowledge base of over 40,000 pages of peer-reviewed, evidence-based reference materials from the top veterinary textbooks, journals, and conference proceedings.
Save Time Diagnosing and Treating Patients
To find what you need, you simply Ask Sofie! Sofie searches multiple sources at once to deliver the most relevant and accurate results to support the best possible diagnosis and treatment for patients. Designed to respond to natural-language questions, Sofie delivers results based on context, not just keywords.
Ask Sofie For:
Trusted and Reliable Content
Sofie’s vast knowledge base includes:
- Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Dogs and Cats, 4th ed. (Côté; Elsevier 2020)
- Blackwell’s Five-Minute Veterinary Consult: Canine and Feline, 6th ed. (Tilley, Smith; Wiley 2016)
- Small Animal Surgery, 5th ed. (Fossum; Elsevier 2019)
- NAVC/VMX Conference Proceedings (2015-2019)
- Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 8th ed. (Ettinger, Feldman; Elsevier 2017)
- Saunders Handbook of Veterinary Drugs: Small and Large Animals, 4th ed. (Papich; Elsevier 2016)
- Small Animal Dermatology: A Color Atlas and Therapeutic Guide, 4th ed. (Hnilica, Patterson; Elsevier 2017)
- Slatter’s Fundamentals of Veterinary Ophthalmology, 6th ed. (Maggs, Miller, Ofri; Elsevier 2017)
- Small Animal Internal Medicine, 5th ed. (Nelson, Couto; Elsevier 2014)
- Emergency Procedures for the Small Animal Veterinarian, 3rd ed. (Plunkett; Elsevier 2013)
For a full publishers list click here
It's Hard to Know Everything
Staying up to date on the latest veterinary medical information can be challenging. With Sofie, you just ask for what you need and Sofie quickly delivers the most current, trusted, and relevant veterinary medical information in seconds.
Optimize Your Workflow
Fully optimized for desktop computers, tablets, and mobile devices, Sofie gives you instant access to the best veterinary reference material in seconds from virtually anywhere.
Sofie’s knowledge base contains over $5,000 worth of veterinary medical content and includes ongoing updates, so you always have the latest in-demand veterinary information at your fingertips to support the best possible diagnosis and treatment for patients.
Sofie is built using IBM Watson Technology®, an innovative, cognitive computing system that uses augmented intelligence to rapidly search and deliver information from Sofie’s vast knowledge base.
“I use Sofie almost every day. The ability to look up dosages for medications is very convenient. “In just about every complicated case, there is usually something I want to look up in order to make sure I’m not missing any major differentials. In a busy practice, just taking a minute to look up differentials is a life saver for my patients.”Melanie VanicekVeterinarian
“I have a house call practice, so I am on the road 90% of the time. To have a tool which I can take with me to access text books and journals between my calls is very valuable.”Jana KeltonVeterinarian
“No more outdated texts or searching the shelves for the right text. As our practice grows, it will also eliminate the need to share resources between multiple doctors.”Paula BedfordVeterinarian
“I found it very easy to use and liked the fact it cited multiple sources.”Emilie MooreCertified Veterinary Technician
“We can easily access the information needed without making the client wait long.”Ganon HarishVeterinarian
Are you a veterinary student?
Veterinary students currently enrolled in an accredited veterinary doctorate program are eligible to sign up for a free Sofie subscription. That’s an annual value of $475.20 per year! Listen to veterinary studentshare her experience!
Click here to sign up now!