As the most advanced veterinary medical search tool available, LifeLearn Sofie was created for a single purpose—to empower veterinarians with faster and easier access to the most current, trusted, and credible veterinary medical information. To find what you need, you simply Ask Sofie. And Sofie searches multiple sources at once to deliver the most relevant and accurate results to support the best possible diagnosis and treatment for patients, whether you’re looking for:
- drug formularies
- differential diagnoses
- diagnostic algorithms
- emergency treatments for toxins
- a specific topic search
To further empower veterinarians, Sofie now has new User Profile features to easily manage multiple users. With Sofie’s new User Profile, you can now:
- Create new users on your account
- Delete users from your account
- Assign an account manager, admin users or regular users for your Sofie account
- Update user details, including names and email addresses
- Reset user passwords
Sofie’s new User Profile controls add to an extensive range of features to help improve the health of patients and veterinary practices, including:
- Over 40,000 pages from the best veterinary textbooks, journals, and conference proceedings in one powerful library
- Lightning-fast search results powered by IBM Watson Technology®, an innovative, cognitive computing system that uses augmented intelligence to rapidly search and deliver information from Sofie’s vast knowledge base
- Access on desktop and mobile devices anywhere at any time
- Ongoing updates, so you always have the latest in-demand veterinary information at your fingertips
- Easy-to-use comparison and highlights tools to find exactly what you’re looking for
Reflecting Sofie’s growth since being introduced to veterinarians by LifeLearn in February 2018, Sofie’s new User Profile features also attest to why Sofie continues to be an award-winning veterinary medical search tool.
In 2015 Sofie won an Everyday Health – Health Innovation Award at a special ceremony at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, as well as the Everyday Health – Audience Choice Award. The following year, Sofie won Gold for Best New Products (Workplace Resources) at the 2016 Edison Awards. And at VMX 2019, Sofie won Gold (Product Launch) at the Vetty Awards.
Sofie’s award-winning strength lies in how it was designed to respond to natural-language questions, not just keywords.
- Veterinarians simply type in a question such as, “What is the drug formulary information for…?” or “What is the differential diagnosis for…?”
- In seconds, Sofie—your virtual DVM assistant—uses the augmented intelligence of IBM Watson Technology® to scan through thousands of pages of veterinary medical resources.
- Sofie delivers the most relevant results on searches.
Hear why veterinarians like Dr. Robin Downing, Hospital Director for Windsor Veterinary Clinic, rely on Sofie for fast and easy access to the most current, trusted, and credible veterinary medical information.
If you’re a veterinary student, hear Texas A&M University student Brianna Boyle explain how using Sofie has helped make her veterinary studies easier.
Get immediate access and experience the benefits of first-class veterinary knowledge at your fingertips.
There’s no catch and no credit card required. Your free access to Sofie is exactly as it sounds—a free trial. If you don’t discover why more veterinarians use Sofie to support the best possible diagnosis and treatment for patients, there’s no obligation to continue using Sofie once your 30-day free trial is up.
Sofie, client communications