(This post was originally published on October 27, 2014, and has been updated to be even spoooookier)
It’s the spooky season – the perfect time for horror movies and ghost stories! To celebrate, we have put together a small collection of scary statistics and freaky anecdotes to get your heart racing. Don’t worry – just like any slasher flick, this isn’t nearly as scary when you turn on the lights.
It was a dark and stormy night…
- Over 409 million people read WordPress blogs in September 2016 – WordPress.com
- Companies with a blog have 97% more inbound links than companies without a blog. – HubSpot
- 90% of consumers find custom content useful – Business 2 Community
I know what a lot of you are thinking…”Don’t go through that door!”
But life is better with a blog! Or your website is, at least.
A blog provides a steady stream of fresh content, gives you the opportunity to build trust and loyalty with existing clients, and build your reputation with prospective clients – and search engines.
Check out our many resources on blogging right here at LifeLearn.com, including “Blogging Your Way to More Business,” our free webinar recording with companion checklist.
Just then, there was a knock at the door…
- Email click-through rates are 50-100x greater than Facebook or Twitter – MailMunch
- ROI for emails is 28.5%, as compared to 7% for direct mail – Chief Marketer
Does the thought of sending emails make you feel all slimy? It shouldn’t.
It’s true that people have entrusted you with a precious resource – their email address – but as long as you’re using it with client consent and you’re in compliance with the law, you are still engaged in permission-based marketing. People have signed up to your email list because they want to hear from you. Provide them with great information that is relevant to them, and they will actually look forward to your messages.
Hey, we have resources for that too! Check out our guide “Email Marketing: From Spam to Bam!
Lightning flashed across the sky…
- Organic reach on Facebook has dropped by over 50%. – Social Media Examiner
- Organic reach is down to as low as 2% – DMR
Your weapons against this beast are fantastic content that gets lots of likes and shares, and paid reach. Don’t panic! Both of these are very doable. To “OutFacebook Your Competition,” watch our webinar recording, and to get going with paid reach, learn all about the options in our 5-part series on Facebook advertising.
There was a presence in the room…
- 90% of consumers will read online reviews before they visit a business – Invesp
- 84% of internet users trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations. – BrightLocal
Feeling haunted by online reviews – or a lack thereof? While it’s true that word-of-mouth means something entirely different in the digital age, you can manage your online reputation. Here are 4 Ways to Handle Negative Reviews Online, and a guide of 3 Ways to Grow Your Business with Online Reviews.
They heard a scream!
- Google processes over 63,000 search queries per SECOND. – Search Engine Land
If the term SEO gives you the willies, the great news is, recent research from Meditative is showing that people will scan further down the page of search engine results than ever before – but you still want to be on the first page.
Here’s our SEO Checklist for Veterinarians to help you determine if you’re doing everything you can; if you’re missing anything, check out our 10-part series on local SEO tactics for veterinary practices. Remember, SEO is an ongoing process, not a destination.
We hope you enjoyed our little ghost story!
What’s that? How does it end?
It’s up to you. MUAHAHA!!!