Are you looking for some inspiration or ideas for where to focus with your online marketing? Here are some compelling statistics that are sure to influence your online marketing decisions:
1. 50% of all mobile searches are conducted in the hopes of finding local results, and 61% of those result in a purchase. (Search Engine Watch)
The numbers don’t lie – people are searching on their phones for local businesses. If your website isn’t mobile responsive, you could be losing business to practices who have a mobile-friendly site. (Pssst! WebDVM4 websites look good on mobile!)
2. 75% of small & medium sized businesses say that Internet marketing is effective in attracting new clients to their business. (Search Engine Land)
Looking to attract new clients? Then investing time and money into Internet marketing is a pretty good bet for bringing new pet owners through your practice doors, whether that’s an upgraded website, more social media marketing, or paying for Google Adwords.
3. Between 70 and 80% of people will research a small business online prior to visiting them in person. (Blue Corona)
This emphasizes the importance of having a strong online presence. Not only do you need to make sure you’re accessible to potential clients online, but you also need to ensure that you’re making a powerful and compelling first impression. That can include ensuring that your website is attractive and up-to-date, that you’re active and engaging on social media, and that you’re establishing your authority and knowledge with educational blog posts.
4. 50% of companies are using digital marketing, but don’t have a plan. (Smart Insights)
Marketing without a plan is a risky business. If you don’t know what you’re aiming for or how you plan to get there, how do you know if your efforts have been successful? We recommend at the very least you should determine what you want to achieve with your online marketing (e.g., building awareness of your practice, bringing new clients in, etc.) and then decide how you’re going to measure if your efforts are successful (e.g., looking at post clicks on social media, asking people how they found your practice on new client forms, etc.).
5. 28% of small businesses say the most effective marketing channels for attracting new clients are word-of-mouth and 20% say SEO. (Business2Community)
You can’t force your clients to say nice things about you, but you can encourage them to through great customer service. Additionally, you can take word-of-mouth online with testimonials. It’s like one of your current clients is standing next to potential clients and saying nice things about your practice while they check out your website.
Feeling confused about SEO? Here are some resources you can use to improve the SEO of your website and rank highly in search engine results:
- How to Improve Your Google Maps Ranking
- Local SEO to Keep Your Practice Website From Being Buried Treasure
- Local SEO Tactics to Boost Your Search Results
6. 92% of marketers indicate that social media is important for their business. (Social Media Examiner)
If you’re not on board with social media marketing yet, maybe it’s time to start. Figure out where your audience is (most likely Facebook and maybe one other platform), and meet them there. Make sure to post content consistently, and remember, you have the best subject matter in the world for social media marketing – your adorable patients!
There you have it – 6 statistics that should influence how you’re approaching your online marketing and practice website. Online marketing has officially become one of the best way to connect with new clients and build loyalty with existing ones. For more great advice on marketing your practice, check out our veterinary marketing blog.