Educating your clients early this year about flea and tick prevention for their pets has extra importance, given the pandemic year we’ve had and the following three facts:
- The weather’s warming.
- The vaccines are rolling out.
- Stay-at-home orders are slowly lifting in some regions.
All this points to a spring scenario where people and their pets—tired and bored from a long winter’s lockdown—are looking forward to getting out and enjoying parks, trails, and anything outdoors as soon and long as possible.
The Problem: Fleas and Ticks Have Never Practiced Physical Distancing
People will undoubtedly follow safe physical distancing and other COVID-19 safety protocols throughout the spring. Yet fleas and ticks have never practiced physical distancing. They’re going to do what they’ve always done. Namely, lie waiting in grasses and leaves, waiting to hop aboard a passing pet for a blood meal. In the process, pets will be exposed to the risk of tapeworm, Lyme Disease, and other flea- and tick-borne diseases.
Why Early Client Education About Flea and Tick Prevention for Pets Is Extra Important
The importance of educating your clients early this year about flea and tick prevention for their pets comes down to how this blog began. People have been indoors through a long winter of restrictions. All that many people can think about is not being indoors, and as they look forward to spending as much time outside as possible, many are simply going to look right past flea and tick prevention for their pets.
To save time and simplify educating your clients about flea and tick prevention, download your free Flea & Tick Awareness Kit.
Available for a limited time, our free kit includes:
- An infographic with flea and tick prevention tips for clients.
- An educational handout for clients—Flea and Tick Prevention: Synopsis of a ClientEd Handout—that you can print and hand to clients at curbside or in-clinic, or send by email.
- Three social media images that you can post on Facebook to further educate your clients about the importance of flea and tick protection.
Download your free kit.