Without proof, claims are meaningless. We can say that LifeLearn Sofie saves time and improves efficiency by empowering veterinarians with instant online access to the most current, trusted, and credible veterinary medical information at the point of need. Yet companies make claims all the time, and claims aren’t proof, which is the most important part.
If you’re a veterinarian considering Sofie to save time diagnosing and treating patients (or a vet student considering taking advantage of the Sofie Free Student Subscription), you probably want to hear what current Sofie users say before making your decision. So, to help you with that, here are what veterinarians and vet students say about why they like LifeLearn Sofie:
Time-Savings and Improved Efficiency
“Sofie has been an invaluable resource to me in the clinic. During emergency situations or busy high- volume days, there is no scrambling through textbooks looking for reference information. I already have all the information I need at my fingertips within seconds from multiple trustworthy resources. It has made me a more efficient veterinarian and improved both my quality of life and practice.”
—Dr. Taylor Moore, Oceanside Veterinary Hospital
Here’s how Sofie delivers time-savings and improved efficiency:
- As the most advanced veterinary medical search tool on the market, Sofie empowers veterinarians to make decisions faster and with confidence through access to the most current and credible veterinary medical information.
- With over 40,000 pages from the most popular veterinary textbooks, journals, and conference proceedings in one powerful online library, Sofie searches multiple sources at once to deliver the most relevant and accurate results.
- Sofie is powered by IBM Watson®, an innovative, cognitive computing system that uses augmented intelligence to rapidly search and deliver information from Sofie’s vast information library.
- Sofie is designed to respond to natural-language questions (just like you would ask a colleague) and deliver results based on context instead of keywords. This makes searching and finding answers even quicker and easier.
What Can You Ask Sofie?
“I use Sofie almost every day. The ability to look up dosages for medications is very convenient. In just about every complicated case, there is usually something I want to look up in order to make sure I’m not missing any major differentials. In a busy practice, just taking a minute to look up differentials is a lifesaver for my patients.”
—Melanie Vanicek, DMV
In addition to differentials, you can look up:
- Drug formulary information
- Diagnostic algorithms
- Emergency treatment for toxins
- Specific topic search
Sofie’s Accessibility Serves Mobile Vets
“I have a house-call practice, so I am on the road 90% of the time. To have a tool which I can take with me to access textbooks and journals between my calls is very valuable. Having the information in one location versus searching online is very valuable.”
—Jana Kelton, DVM
Accessible from any internet-enabled device (laptop, tablet, or mobile phone), Sofie provides veterinarians with online veterinary medical information wherever they practice.
Sofie’s Free Student Subscription Helps Vet Students in Their Studies
“When I first started using Sofie, I thought it would be a little more complicated to use, but it’s actually really easy to use, very much like a search engine. With just a couple of clicks and pretty basic verbiage, I was able to get to the information I needed for some of the cases I was working on.”
—Brianna Boyle, 3rd-year vet student, Texas A&M University
“Sofie has been the ABSOLUTE best tool during my neuro rotation.”
—@dogtorgabby, 4th-year vet student, Mississippi State University
Sofie is a valuable tool for students, interns, and residents to help them in their courses, case studies, and in-clinic work placements. Students currently enrolled in an accredited DVM program are eligible to sign up for a complimentary Sofie subscription. That’s a savings of $475 per year.
What Will You Ask Sofie?
The ultimate proof of anything is to experience it for yourself.
No credit card required.