For a variety of reasons, many pet owners do not buy pet insurance to help budget the cost of unexpected pet illness or injury. Their reasoning ranges from “I can’t afford it” and “My friend told me it’s a waste of money” to “My pet will never get sick or have an accident.”
If you do not have pet insurance because of views that run along these lines, we’d like to make it clear that the purpose of this blog is not to try and sell you pet insurance. We are not pet insurance sellers. At LifeLearn Animal Health, we’re committed to advancing pet health and education worldwide. So, in that spirit alone, we’re making this information available to you.
Naturally, we hope your pet enjoys a lifetime of good health. Yet things happen. Research shows that roughly 1 in 3 pets will need emergency veterinary treatment each year.
To cover unexpected veterinary costs, pet owners who choose pet insurance do so for four main reasons:
- Better planning: With pet insurance, pet owners can move the cost of pet illness from discretionary to budgeted.
- Better decisions: Pet insurance gives pet owners the freedom to make decisions that are in the best interests of their pet’s health versus being constrained by finances.
- Longer, happier lives for their pets: Pet insurance removes the preventable pain of economic euthanasia—an all-too-common occurrence when pet parents must put their furry family members to sleep because they cannot afford medical expenses.
- Peace of mind: Pet insurance provides assurance that a pet will be protected if or when a time comes.
For pet owners who do not have pet insurance to cover veterinary costs, they must depend on savings accounts, credit cards or loans to cover costs, or worse. Pet owners face the agonizing decision to put a pet down because they cannot afford treatment.
As an education company, we understand that insurance is complicated topic at the best times. And we believe that the best decision for any pet owner to make about their pet’s health is an informed decision. So, to help you make that decision, we wanted to let you know about our free online pet insurance education website called PetInsuranceInfo.com.
Like this blog, PetInsuranceInfo.com is not designed to sell you pet insurance. The focus of the website is to simply help you understand what pet insurance is and isn’t, and answer questions such as:
- How much does pet insurance cost?
- How does breed impact coverage and costs?
- What types of coverage are offered by insurance companies?
The site includes a free Get a Quote tool to compare quotes from different pet insurers so you can quickly find out how much pet insurance would cost for your pet.
Again, PetInsuranceInfo.com is primarily an online education resource, designed to help you gather all the facts and make an informed decision.
Websites, Pet Insurance, pet insurance information