GUELPH, ON—June 19, 2019— LifeLearn Animal Health launches PetInsuranceInfo.com, a new pet insurance education website to help pet owners learn about what pet insurance is, what it isn’t, and the questions they need to ask prior to purchasing a policy. PetInsuranceInfo.com also allows pet owners to easily compare quotes from different pet insurance companies and find the coverage that meets their budget and pet’s health care needs.
“At LifeLearn, we believe that knowledge empowers optimal decisions,” says Randy Valpy, President and CEO of LifeLearn. “For 25 years, LifeLearn Animal Health has served the animal health industry in developing and delivering trusted and expert-vetted educational resources to help advance animal health and education worldwide. PetInsuranceInfo.com reflects our ongoing commitment as an educational resource to help pet owners find the right pet insurance policy so pet owners can make pet health decisions without being constrained by finances.”
The term “economic euthanasia” refers to a heart-wrenching and common situation where a pet owner chooses to have a veterinarian end a pet’s life because a pet owner cannot afford a pet’s medical treatment. While more pet owners are now purchasing pet health insurance to avoid such a situation (according to the North American Pet Health Insurance Association), many pet owners still refrain from purchasing pet insurance for a variety of reasons, including:
- misinformation about pet insurance, how it works, and what it covers
- confusion and intimidation trying to navigate through different terminology and different policies offered by different companies
- a belief that their pets will not get sick or injured, or they can set aside enough money to pay for veterinary bills in the event of something happening
Designed as an informational online resource and optional integrated feature for WebDVM websites, PetInsuranceInfo.com was created to provide pet owners with the knowledge to confidently and easily understand the components of a pet insurance policy, demystify often-confusing insurance terms, dispel misconceptions, and compare quotes so pet owners don’t have to make the kind of decisions that are avoidable. PetInsuranceInfo.com walks pet owners through what they need to know to make the best pet-care decisions and avoid any surprises.
- A description of the types of plans and coverage to ensure there are no surprises for pet owners when they go to submit a claim
- Factors that pet owners can and can’t control to better guide pet owners when considering insurance plans and costs
- Policy underwriting explained so pet owners are prepared to answer questions up front or during a claim
- Coverage periods and waiting periods explained so pet owners understand when their coverage begins and how long it lasts
- How claims work and tips for pet owners to help them expedite claims and get the most from pet insurance
- Get a Quote tool designed to make it easy for pet owners to compare and review policies offered by different pet insurance companies
The “Info” in PetInsuranceInfo.com offers assurance to pet owners that the primary focus of the website is on education. Everything we do at LifeLearn—and have done since LifeLearn’s beginnings in 1994—is ultimately focused on animal health,” says Valpy. “PetInsuranceInfo.com gives pet owners the information they need to make important health care decisions for better pet health outcomes.”
According to Dr. David Goodnight, LifeLearn’s Executive Vice President of Business Development, LifeLearn and PetInsuranceInfo.com currently work with Crum & Forster (ASPCA Pet Health Insurance and Hartville Pet Insurance), Healthy Paws, PetFirst, Petplan, Pets Best, and Pets Plus Us. LifeLearn will continue to collaborate with pet insurance companies and, over time, will add more.
All transactions to purchase pet insurance are handled directly between a pet owner and the pet insurance company that a pet owner selects. Practices that choose to integrate PetInsuranceInfo.com content to their WebDVM websites can rest assured knowing two things:
- By empowering more pet owners with tools and information, they’re facilitating a broader awareness of pet insurance.
- By encouraging more pet owners to learn about pet insurance, practices enable themselves more opportunities to perform the best veterinary medicine because pet owners who ultimately purchase pet insurance have the resources to follow through with recommendations and treatments, rather than foregoing recommendations or treatments because they don’t have the money or don’t want to go into debt to pay for them.
The PetInsuranceInfo.com Get a Quote tool is designed to make it easy for pet owners to review policies by different pet insurance companies in one convenient place. Pet owners simply punch in a few details (like their pet’s breed, gender, and age) and click on a button, and PetInsuranceInfo.com delivers a variety of quotes from different insurers so they can easily see which one works for them.
There’s absolutely no charge to the pet owner for the PetInsuranceInfo.com service. “We’re committed to advancing animal health and education worldwide,” adds Valpy, “and barrier-free access to pet health insurance information aligns with our mission.”
About LifeLearn Animal Health
Celebrating 25 years of continuing innovation and excellence, LifeLearn, Inc. provides education and communications products and services to the veterinary profession, animal health organizations, and pet service businesses. LifeLearn’s award-winning competencies in digital media, combined with longstanding veterinary content expertise, have delivered sophisticated offerings to veterinarians to optimize their practices, including: WebDVM, custom veterinary websites; ClientEd; client education resource; and Sofie, the advanced veterinary medical search tool. And for 20 years, animal health corporations have relied on LifeLearn to provide veterinary-focussed education, digital marketing, and meetings agency services to optimize their businesses. LifeLearn was named one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies from 2015 to 2017 by PROFIT 500 and GROWTH 500 in 2018.
Pet Insurance Info, Inc. is a licensed insurance agency in all 50 States and the District of Columbia; In California dba Dog and Cat Insurance Solutions and in New York dba Dog and Cat Insurance Services.
For more information, contact:
Ed Casagrande, Director of Marketing
(800) 375-7994, ext. 244